Wednesday, May 27, 2009

delta-force barista in action!

This Memorial Day, Lisa and I helped my brother at his café in The Hamptons during Memorial Day weekend. The busy season lasts from Memorial Day (May) to Labor Day (September). However, most of the summer help doesn't come until school ends in June.

After passing the Series 24 Principal exam on Thursday, I changed out of my suit and into my black-and-tans as I went to work over the weekend as the "Delta-Force" of baristas. Although I have worked at Hampton Coffee Company (http://www.hamptoncoffeecompany.com/) in some capacity or another since I was 18 y/o, delivering coffee from Montauk to Manhattan, now I'm only called in for special situations to provide speed and surgical precision as I leave the confines of Wall Street to make non-stop vanilla-soy lattes for 6-straight hours. Quite humbling, but I'm quite proud to think that in some small way I may have helped contribute to Dan's Papers readers having voted us as the "Best Cappuccino" and "Best Breakfast Restaurant" in The Hamptons year-after-year.

No comments:

Post a Comment